Sunday 25 September 2016

Love Has No Limits

I wrote this last Easter, but wanted to put it on this blog, I don't recall if I had posted it or not:

John 13:34  So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.  (New Living Translation)
Today’s scriptures were about Jesus going where the disciples could not go and to Love each other like Jesus loved us. The part of the reading that was not read told more details about Jesus and Judas Iscariot’s final parting. Jesus knew Judas would betray him to death; yet Jesus still offered him love and dignity. The priest pointed out that giving a person a special piece of food was a way to offer dignity and honor in a public setting; a custom that remained until the 15th century when a Lord would favor a subject with a choice bit of food from their plate. Jesus gave that to Judas…. knowing full well of his soon-coming betrayal and that the betrayer was Judas.  That certainly means I have a long way to go to offer that same kind of compassion and dignity to others.  To me it speaks not only of living in an attitude of forgiveness and restitution, but living with boldness and trust that I, with God’s help, can live in the now and realize I can and probably will have disappointment and hurts; but can live above that knowledge. I’m not saying live in denial; but live in recognition without letting it affect me.

No comments:

Post a Comment